On April 7, 1959, the prosecutor of the Prosecutor's Office of the city of Ivdel in the Sverdlovsk Region, Jr Counselor of Justice Tempalov interrogated in the office as a witness, in compliance with Article 162-168 of the Code of Criminal Procedure of the RSFSR
- Surname, name and middle name Novikov Aleksander Stepanovich
- Year of birth 1929
- Place of birth: Tyumen Oblast, Abatskiy region village of Tihvinka
- Address: city of Ivdel, Military unit 6602 "C"
- Political affiliation: member of the CPSU
- Nationality: Russian
- Citizenship: USSR
- Passport or other documents: personal identification card 7374
issued by unit 6602 "B" on April 3th, 1958
- Education: special secondary education
- Place of work, position (profession): serviceman
- Criminal record: no
Warned on the responsibility for the first part of Art. 92 of the Criminal Code of the RSFSR for refusing to testify and under Art. 95 Criminal Code of the RSFSR for giving knowingly false testimony.
Witness testified: on February 17, 1959, at 6:40 am, from the south, I noticed a ball of bright white color which was periodically enveloped in a white thick fog. Inside this cloud a bright glowing dot the size of a star was observed. Periodically decreased and increased in volume. The ball moved from south to north. The movement of the ball was observed for 8-12 m.
I personally wrote the interrogation protocol
April 7, 1959 Novikov (signature)
Prosecutor Mr. Ivdel Tempalov (signature)